Warwick XL heating

Pete-B

Hi, Why does the Whale warm air heating keep locking out on our Auto Sleeper. I was told how to unlock it by pressing the power source button and the temperature one at the same time for 3 seconds which unlocks it but only for a while then it then locks out again!

Appreciate any help.

colin - 2022-01-18 4:53 PM

I'm not familiar with the Whale heater, but it does sound like one possibility is overheating, maybe need to check flue to ensure it isn't partly blocked.

Thanks for that mate, but it only runs for a few minutes before it locks out again.

Pete-B - 2022-01-18 5:11 PM

colin - 2022-01-18 4:53 PM

I'm not familiar with the Whale heater, but it does sound like one possibility is overheating, maybe need to check flue to ensure it isn't partly blocked.

Thanks for that mate, but it only runs for a few minutes before it locks out again.

I didn't mean overheating inside the van, but overheating the unit. The reply from Paul, and looking at others online, seems this might be the problem.

As paulmold has mentioned above, there are threads on the Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF) about problems with the Whale heating system.

The first page retrieved by an ASOF search just on the word "Whale"

https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/search?search_keywords=whale

includes several threads relating to the heating system fitted to recent A-S models. (It will be necessary to join the ASOF to view the list.)

One thread includes the following offer of help

My name is Hayley and I work in the marketing team at Whale.

Please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team who will do all they can to assist you with your query. You can call them on 0345 9090 911 or email info@whalepumps.com.

Alternatively, please privately send me the best number to get you on and I will get one of our team to give you a call.

Best wishes,

Hayley

(I have a feeling Pete-B is a member of the ASOF, so he may well be aware of that forum's discussions about Whale heating.)

Thanks again for your help.

Went out this morning and the heating fired up first time, tried it a few more times and no problem. Although very pleased it's also frustrating not knowing why it it wouldn't work yesterday.

Just one other thing, when I spoke to a lady at Whale she said, if it happens again, press the power source button and it will show the fault code you can then check this in your hand book. I've got the Warwick XL hand book and the Symphony one but neither show the fault codes, am I missing something.

Keithl - 2022-01-19 4:55 PM

You should have a specific handbook for the Whale heating system as well as the AS book.

If you don't have one then try searching the Whale website for a download.

Keith.

Had another look and you're quite right Keith there was a Whale booklet tucked away in the depths!

Thanks mate.

Archived