Wash tap on the 2017 Elddiss autoquest 155

Ginger Jim

I’ve attached a photo showing the tap that I think you may have.

Do you mean that the complete tap moves at its base where it meets the ‘shelf’ above the wash-basin (as was originally the case with my Rapido’s swivelling-spout kitchen tap) or is it the movement of the swivelling spout that is too loose?

The tap itself will be held steady by a fixing beneath the shelf, but I don’t know how resistance to movement of the swivelling spout is set/adjusted. My Rapido’s wash-basin has a similar sort of tap and movement of the swivelling spout stiffened up rather than loosened off. I sprayed dry PTFE lubricant into the joints on the tap’s body and that cured the stiffness - which suggests there may be O-rings inside that have an effect on how easy it is to move the spout.

If it’s the spout movement that’s too free, I suggest you speak to your dealer and (if you don’t already know) ask them to tell you the make and model of tap Elddis has used. Then you can contact the tap’s manufacturer for advice.

If it's the complete tap that’s moving you’ll need to tighten up the under-shelf fitting. This may be straightforward if the wash-basin is easily removable, or a swine if it is not...

interior_050.jpg.a34a718ea0239b9f4bb13dfdc48fe8c8.jpg

It appears that - for at least a couple of years - Elddis has used the same range of taps (shower/kitchen/wash-basin) in their caravans and motorhomes, with the attached photo of a wash-basin mixer-tap relating to a 2016 Avanté 554 caravan.

All of these taps carry lettering on the top of the operating handle but, although there are plenty of on-line photos of the taps, I haven’t been able to read the lettering. As they have been fitted to Elddis caravans, there’s a fair chance that some of the taps have micro-switches and, consequently, would have been designed for leisure-vehicle use rather than domestic use.

If the lettering on the tap can be identified, it should be possible to identify the manufacturer.

944974397_elddis-avante-554tap.jpg.977ac646cf805a8e91b16b02653b48a0.jpg

I found the same problem on my Aspire 255, once it moves and moisture gets on the o rind it is difficult to stop it turning. I removed mine dried the o ring top of sink and base of tap put the tiniest trace of U hoo adesive on the o ring two years ago has not moved since. Take care when tightening not to strip the bolt out of the tap body.

Our Elddis accordo tap was loose and tightening the big nut underneath only lasted so long because the plastic is so thin it wobbles about and works loose again. I took the tap off and bonded a triangular piece of 18mm plywood underneath, then drilled a 35mm hole on it and put the tap back on through it. It's been solid now for 3 years.

Archived