Waste water

Guest MT

Any suggestion why my warning light comes on for the waste tank , even when fully empty. Could it be that damp is affecting the connections, tank is fitted under the van and the wire connection is in the open so to speak.

We had a similar problem on a previous van with our fresh water tank, the sensor had been fitted so badly by the maker (Swift) that when one of the technicians from Brownhills came to look at it they just replaced it and sealed it up properly - he couldn't believe what a crap job they had done but apparently it wasn't the first time they'd had problems with Swifts. What's your van?

Thanks for your quick reply, my van is Mclouis 363.The contact on the side of the tank is open to all weathers, so this more than likely is theproblem

Hi For my sins I worked on Industrial Process Control Instrumentation Systems One of the main faults was damp between contacts, shorting out the measuring device you can as said prevously spray with WD40 But if as you say the connections are underneath and open to all the muck & spray I would suggest making some sort of waterproof cover and if necessary cover each connection in an insulation tape bandage Sort of belt, braces & bit o'string technology Its not always the fault of the dealer, but the designers at the factory; who have no idea and even less immagination

Archived