Water Pump Inoperative in Adria Twin

Cattwg

I have a problem with the water pump on our 2018 Adria Twin 640 SPX 2.3.

Half filled with water and opened the taps for the first time this year, pump operated, realised I had not closed the boiler frost valve, turned off taps, closed valve and continued to fill. Turned on taps – no pump operation.

Checked the fuse in the Elektroblock EBL 208 S, visually and with a multi-meter. OK

Checked there was 12v actually at the fuse. OK

All terminals look secure.

No 12v at the pump.

Applied 12v directly to the pump. OK, so not damaged.

I can hear the micro switches operating. Have tried them individually and together - no pump operation.

Checked for 12v at the wash basin – none. It’s very difficult to access the other switches.

The heater control panel illuminates when switched on.

Only the on/off icon on the LT50 control panel shows. Usually the tap (pump) symbol appears as well.

I’m not aware off any other fuses that may be in the circuit?

I’d appreciate your thoughts on where to go from here?

Thank you. Cattwg :-D

Would you “Adam and Eve it”. I’ve sorted the pump problem. It had been niggling me all afternoon as to why the pump symbol was not displayed on the control panel. So I read the instructions and followed a procedure in the manual. Hey ho, the symbol came up and the pump now works.

Moral of the story. “When all else fails read the instructions!”

Although in my defence I’d never had to do the procedure before and we’ve had the vehicle from new. And I still don't understand why I had to do it.

Cattwg :-D

What was the procedure you needed to follow, please - just in case some other forum-member with a recent Adria Twin hits this ‘water-pump inoperative’ problem?

I note that there are online instructions for the Schaudt EBL 208 and LT50 units, but I think an Adria owner handbook for recent Twin models is not available online.

(I’ve some sympathy when this sort of thing comes up. My Rapido has CBE electrical equipment that includes the PC180 control panel - an updated version of the PC100 panel that my previous Hobby motorhome had and that I was very familiar with. Despite carefully following the instructions in the Rapido’s User Manual I couldn’t get the Truma heater to operate and it was only after cross-referencing to CBE’s own instructions for the PC180 panel that I realised that the information in the Rapido User Manual was incorrect.)

In reply to Derek’s request.

The Adria handbook shows an LT 50 Control Panel. However, the manual that came with the ‘van is for an LT 51. Looking at the panels they appear to be identical.

Anyway, the procedure I followed to get the pump symbol to light and hence the pump to work was:

Turn the encoder (posh word for knob) until the fill level of the fresh water is displayed on the LEDs.

Press the encoder.

The pump symbol lights. All is well with the world.

To turn the pump off the procedure is similar but of course the symbol extinguishes.

This particular routine is on page 4 of the LT 51 manual.

Cattwg :-D

• 1 year later...

to cattwg 

thank you so much for your instructions re the pump symbol.  We hired an Adria for Isle of Skye.  All worked fine for a few days and then the pump symbol disappeared and we couldn’t get water/flush toilet.  No manual on board so your instructions proved invaluable! So simple yet we probably wouldn’t hAve got there without your assistance.

regards

mary 

Archived