Water vapor in van headlights

Zydeco Joe

Hi, having looked at a few motorhomes in the last few weeks,trying to find the one that fits us...... spotted a few with water vapour in the N/Side head light on the Peugeot Boxer type vans. Any one know why and it it much of a problem or is it that as the vans are on dealers site and not being used

Zydeco Joe - 2012-07-27 10:28 PM

Hi, having looked at a few motorhomes in the last few weeks,trying to find the one that fits us...... spotted a few with water vapour in the N/Side head light on the Peugeot Boxer type vans. Any one know why and it it much of a problem or is it that as the vans are on dealers site and not being used

I don't know why it happens, but I've just replaced a N/S headlight on a 08 Ducato. Main problem was the constant noise from the electrical levelling system that failed during our summer trip to Spain. Not a cheap replacement, but we opted for a non Fiat replacement as we don't need the levelling facility as we are mostly in a near fully laden state.

I'd also be interested to hear where the water gets in!!

regards

alan b

Derek Uzzell - 2012-07-28 9:06 AM

This is an earlier relevant thread

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=18839&posts=11

euroserv's posting on that thread suggests that, whatever caused the problem originally, it may not occur with X250 vehicles factory-manufactured from 2008 onwards.

When I removed the indicator bulb from my defective unit water came out; about an egg cup full.

The bulb is in a holder that turns a quarter turn apprex and just pops out; I think this may be a weakpoint, maybe a bit of clingfilm over this area might help?

regards

alan b

Hello,

We had a few that did this, and it was fairly easy to fix.

Remove the headlamp and leave the main bulb holder and side light holder out. Use a hair dryer on a warm setting and direct this into the lamp until the moisture has dried out. Leave it off the vehicle for a couple of hours for the temperature to drop to ambient and put it back together and re-fit to the vehicle. That should be it.

You may have problems again if the climate makes a rapid shift from warm to cold or vice versa and this is to be expected whether it is a Fiat vehicle or not. It is just the nature of air filled containers.

Nick

Archived