What a Difference!

Guest Paul

It certainly pays to shop around. I rung three dealers for prices on an annual habitation check. The big one just off the A1 quoted £218 plus vat, a middle sized one in the north quoted £105 plus vat and another in the north-east quoted £100 inc vat. Now the big one will argue that the other two just don't do the job to the standard they do it. I argue that they don't have the overheads to cover or the initial discounts to recover. What do you guys and gals think?

Guest roger s
A couple of years ago I did the similar exercise and checked most of the dealers in easy travelling, and the big one off the A1 (long way)mentioned, the makers factory(with OC discounts)and two others. One being what is generally believed to be the oldest caravan dealer in the country with very impressive workshops and a smaller dealer with approved workshops. The former quoted me a price a lot lower than the others but couldnt do in the time I wanted, the latter quoted the same price and got the work, they have done several others since my recommendation, all are happy. When I queried the prices with the dealer he said most workshops charge you for doing a caravan, whereas some of an annual service on a caravan is done at the mechanical service, ie brakes and no A frame servicing, Guess where my van goes now !!!

Archived