What is this on my Citroen Relay windscreen?

trialsrider

Any idea what this is on the top right of my windscreen ? It doesn't look factory fit. I only want to know as I'm hoping to fit remis blinds in my cab area and it may obstruct them. Is it an antenna? It's got two wires coming out of it which disappear down the windscreen pillar cover.

HymerVan - 2018-12-31 3:06 PM

It is an antenna, part of the factory fit tracker system and/or associated with the factory fit trafficmaster satnav.

If by any chance you no longer use these facilities it will be attached by sticky pads and can be removed.

Many thanks for your answer. Is it just the sat nav aerial or is it to do with the Bluetooth and hands free etc. I'm tempted to remove it if it is just sat Nov so that I can fit blinds. I use Tom Tom as the Citroen sat Nov you have to pay for.

The following link provides fitting instructions for REMIS cab-blinds said to be suitable for ‘X250’ vehicles

http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/pdf/RemiFront_IV_Eng.pdf

Dometic Seitz also marketed cab-blinds where a single-section concertina blind pulled upwards over the windscreen rather than being 2-piece and moving horizontally like the REMIS product.

I notice that there are a few on-line comments about installation problems, but these apparently involve the parcel shelf above the windscreen rather than the A-pillars each side of the screen. I suspect, though, that whatever the purpose (original or current) is of the thing near the top-right corner of your Relay’s windscreen, you’ll need to detach it to fit a blind.

Derek Uzzell - 2019-01-01 9:12 AM

The following link provides fitting instructions for REMIS cab-blinds said to be suitable for ‘X250’ vehicles

http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/pdf/RemiFront_IV_Eng.pdf

Dometic Seitz also marketed cab-blinds where a single-section concertina blind pulled upwards over the windscreen rather than being 2-piece and moving horizontally like the REMIS product.

I notice that there are a few on-line comments about installation problems, but these apparently involve the parcel shelf above the windscreen rather than the A-pillars each side of the screen. I suspect, though, that whatever the purpose (original or current) is of the thing near the top-right corner of your Relay’s windscreen, you’ll need to detach it to fit a blind.

I agree. The shelf will have to be trimmed to fit the blind. It will be worth doing as I had these blinds in my last van and they are excellent despite being rather pricey. My son sleeps in the cab area on a campsleep bed so it would be a good investment and far less faf than the current set up of external thermal screen.

trialsrider - 2019-01-01 12:02 PM

My son sleeps in the cab area on a campsleep bed so it would be a good investment and far less faf than the current set up of external thermal screen.

Internal blinds will not do anything regards insulation like the external screens do I always use both regardless. but if had to choose one it would be external every time

Dometic’s FP 200 and SP 200 interior cab blinds

https://www.dometic.com/en-gb/uk/products/climate/windows-and-doors/blinds/dometic-fp-200-_-24861

https://www.dometic.com/en-gb/uk/products/climate/windows-and-doors/blinds/dometic-sp-200-_-24809

use the “Duette” honeycomb material that should have a superior insulating performance to the single-layer material of REMIfront equivalents. However, it looks like the Dometic product would have the same ‘shelf’ installation issue if fitted to Trialsrider’s Citroen Relay.

Like you I have interior cab-blinds (REMIS) and an exterior screen (Soplair Thermocover), but I rarely can be bothered to fit the latter. For insulation and to prevent condensation forming on the cab-glass, an exterior screen wins hands down - but closing and opening interior screens takes seconds and there’s no storage penalty.

As Trialsrider already has an exterior screen and has hands-on experience of the REMIS blinds, it’s not a question of choosing between the two types but whether to fork out a dollop of cash for the convenience that the REMIS blinds offer.

Archived