What to do and where to go

Vietnam1

Hello everyone

I am driving from Brighton along the coast?

All the way to land ends back up to st Ives, Newquay

Back to Norwich via Bristol? I have 8 days with 3 young boys

Can anyone recommend places to go and things to do! ?

Grateful for all replies

Fort nelson outside portsmouth on portsdown hill. Free entry part of imperial wsr museum, cannons, etc

Hms victory, mary rose and warrior at portsmouth, pricey but worth a visit as is the submarine museum at gosport.

PJM - 2018-08-18 10:16 AM

Fort nelson outside portsmouth on portsdown hill. Free entry part of imperial wsr museum, cannons, etc

Hms victory, mary rose and warrior at portsmouth, pricey but worth a visit as is the submarine museum at gosport.

Can certainly recommend Fort Nelson. During school holidays they have lots of special events for kids, treasure hunts, competitions and demonstrations. . Also the Mary rose/ Warrior in Portsmouth harbour. My Grandkids loved going when they where small, now it, s Gun wharf Keys shopping for them!!

There is a campsite at Titchfield , which I believe is Caravan Club site. Look around Port Solent, at the boats free parking

Have a great time whit them

PJay

Dinosaur fossil hunting at Lyme Regis on the Jurassic coast. Crabbing in the rockpools same area. What more would 3 young boys want? 

(And while doing that take some bags and fill them the plastic rubbish from the beach - it'll only take a couple of minutes there is so much - a good lesson in ecology for them)

With that distance to cover I suspect that most of your time will be spent on the road and it might be worth thinking about locating good sites (expensive this time of year) along your route with entertainment for the boys either on site or nearby.

Archived