Win a Yuasa L36-EFB 100Ah battery from Alpha Batteries

aandncaravan

Alpha batteries want to say thank you for the support and fantastic feedback, so are giving the members of this forum the chance to win a Yuasa L36-EFB battery, free in a competition.

A question will be posted on our 'Competition' web page, there is no advertising it is purely about the competition - http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/competition.php

However the question will only appear after 11:00 on the 24th December, if you are able to answer that easy question, just create a reply in this thread with the answer.

So for example IF the question, that will only appear as close to 11:00 on the 24th December as I can manage, is -

"What is the capital of Wales".

and you know the answer, then create a reply in this thread of 'Conwy'. (If you thought it was Cardiff, that is only what those southerners think. The real powerhouse is 'Up North').

Whoever manages to submit the first correct answer into the thread wins a Yuasa L36-EFB or a vehicle Starter battery to the same value.

I will contact the winner and the battery will be posted to your door free of charge within 10 days of the competition closing. However, you may also delay your selection for up to 6 months if desired.

By using this novel approach, everyone has the same chance and the winner will also be clear to everyone, all open and 'above board', whatever that means.

Alpha say -

"As this year draws to a close and with the Christmas season upon us, Alpha Batteries are giving away a FREE high quality Yuasa L36-EFB Leisure Battery or any Car battery of choice to the same value.

This offer is by way of thanks to all the support we have received this year from A and N Caravan, customers old and new in our efforts to improve battery retailing.

We have listened and implemented so many great features and improvements in terms of battery advice, charging and products to the best of our ability.

We will strive to continue in our efforts and welcome any further suggestions to meet the needs of our customers.

May we take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy Christmas and a fully charged New Year.

All the staff at Alpha Batteries"

Reminds me of the Welsh 1000 metre peaks race. A 25 mile route finishing at the summit of Snowden. I thought I'd get the train down to Llanberis when I finished, but what no-one had mentioned until I came face to face with the guard was that you can't (or couldn't at the time) go down on the train unless you had come up on it first. So another 4 miles added to the route!

I was a bit worried that come Christmas Eve, I would be so busy I would forget to update the web site at 11:00. So my Wife has suggested I get our two children (7 and 8) involved and they type in the question and press the "Publish" key at exactly 11:00.

They will be so excited that I won't get a chance to forget. I can just hear it now, "Is it 11 o;clock yet Dad?" at 05:00 in the morning !!!

So I think we have that arranged, but now they understand it all they wanted to offer extra prizes, second person gets a Lollypop and third got a 'tube' of Palma Violets, which surprised me as they love those and will never give me any. :-D

Then this morning Adam saw me assembling one of the new Power Master Mains Spike Surge protectors and suggested that should be second prize with a Lollypop for 3rd. Which I think is just a cunning plan to hang on to the Palma Violets, but then I thought it's actually quite a good idea.

So as a proper incentive to get the most people involved (who wants a new Yuasa L36 leisure battery anyway?) a lollypop for third prize it is!!

Adam and Sophie want to do all the contact details, type the email, pack the Loyipop, etc and are very excited. Hope no one minds but I need them board to make sure things get done.

The second prize Power Master details can be found.on one of the pages on the website.

• 3 weeks later...

Please can we remind everyone of the free to enter competition for a Yuasa L36-EFB battery, see above.

My children are very excited about posting the question on the Internet at 11:00 on Christmas Eve, they will be devastated if no one enters, so please can someone try and win?

We would also like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and Merry New Year.

aandncaravan - 2018-12-21 9:57 PM

Please can we remind everyone of the free to enter competition for a Yuasa L36-EFB battery, see above.

My children are very excited about posting the question on the Internet at 11:00 on Christmas Eve, they will be devastated if no one enters, so please can someone try and win?

We would also like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and Merry New Year.

Will do Allan. And all the very best to you and yours, and a big thank you for all you add to our hobby

Arthur

Well I was looking at the Competition Page and refreshed it at exactly 1100, so I must be among the first to see the question - but since I want to win the lollipop rather than the first or second prize, I 'm going to wiat a while before postingthe answer!

13.2 volts - for a float charge.

Happy Christmas everyone!

spirou - 2018-12-24 11:09 AM

Trick question! Depends on the battery being charged :-D

Not really, quote from Allan's webpage "The question for the competition will be about the outstanding Yuasa L36-EFB battery using information found on the Alpha Batteries web site"

And congrats to Dipsticks for winning.

Keith.

You would not believe how excited my two were typing in the question and then doing a countdown before pushing the button to publish it to the web at 11:00.

So thank you all.

As stated the answer was on the Alpha Technical web pages.

The answer was -

Ideal Charge Voltage 14.4V

Top Up Charge Voltage 13.5 - 13.8V

So Dipsticks gets first prize battery,

Keith gets the Power Master

And the Lollipop goes to Ketvrin.

Sorry 747, a brilliant try but sorry, Cardiff wouldn't be the answer to any question. :D

North Wales rules!!

If the three of you will PM me your address and I will organise the Prizes.

Stuart0, Adam and Sophie think that you shouldn't be disappointed at you attempt for the Lollipop so want you to have a Lollipop as a consolation.

Many thanks to Allan, your children, and all at Alpha Batteries for running the competition and for all your postings to the forum over the last year, your input really is important to all of us.

Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year to all on the forums.

Keith.

PS And PM incoming :D

aandncaravan - 2018-12-24 12:20 PM .....Stuart0, Adam and Sophie think that you shouldn't be disappointed at you attempt for the Lollipop so want you to have a Lollipop as a consolation.

That's a lovely idea, please thank them for their generosity. Could Adam get Father Christmas to deliver it for me please?

Best wishes

Stuart

Archived