Wind-Out Awnings

equitable

Does anyone know what would be the best wind-out awning to fix to the roof of our Adria Twin 640 van? I have been advised by the engineer who carried out our habitation check, that the Adria doesn't have much space above the slide-open door to fix a standard Fiama awning, and that special brackets may be required.

I would also prefer a wind-out awning that has removable side and end curtains, so that it could be used for extra 'living space' space when required.

All awning manufacturers have a range of fittings for different vehicles. There should be no problem finding a fitter who will find the correct parts and fit it for you.

For example

https://www.fiamma.it/en/adapters-for-fiamma-f65/adapters-for-fiamma-f65

The sides and front make up a "safari room" which is less adaptable than a drive away awning or seperate tent, which don't need to be packed away if you want to visit somewhere.

This can be a real pain, especially when wet, so is more suitable for caravans.

https://www.agentfiamma.co.uk/fiamma-privacy-room-safari-enclosure.html

You will find several on ebay, "used only once", which says a lot.

equitable - 2018-08-18 7:29 AM

Does anyone know what would be the best wind-out awning to fix to the roof of our Adria Twin 640 van? I have been advised by the engineer who carried out our habitation check, that the Adria doesn't have much space above the slide-open door to fix a standard Fiama awning, and that special brackets may be required.

I would also prefer a wind-out awning that has removable side and end curtains, so that it could be used for extra 'living space' space when required.

Both Fiamma and Thule do roof mounted wind out awnings .i think the Fiamma is the F65.I had one on my Autocruise Starlet 2. Good awning.

our Autotrail, PVC came ready equipped with the Ominstor model, which I think is common to many factory fitted PVCs. Previously on our Burstner coachbuilt I also had the Omnistor model fitted, and found it better than Fiamma., We use separate end and front if required, as when we had the 'safari room' though it added strength to the awning, it was a pain to put up and take down, and find the windbreaker/sun blocker pieces are better for us.

Guest pelmetman

My 25 year old Fiamma awning still works ;-) ..........

Cant say I was impressed with our mates new Bessacarr tiny camper awning *-) .........

Seem'd like typical new century sh*te to me *-) ........

Perhaps that's why we ate our meals as a foursome under our large last century awning B-) .............

Omnistor 6200 or Fiamma 65 with the appropriate mount/bracket kit to fit on the Fiat "mushroom" pegs on the panel van roof (intended for roofrack mounting). This requires no drilling of the vehicle at all.

The Adria Twin 640 is, I think, on the 6.36m van, and the recommended match for this is the 4m awning version.

Make sure you get the mounting brackets for that length (they are different configuration to the similar, but shorter, awnings).

I believe you can get awning enclosures for both the Fiamma and Omnistor versions.

equitable - 2018-08-18 7:29 AM

If you are considering a Safari room, then Fiamma do one, which fits their ZIPPED awning.

We had this and it makes fitting the awning a lot neater /easier, as the zip is on both the awning and the s room ,

One word of advice , they are heavy , to carry around!

PJay

Archived