Winter with an Autocrest 196 2017 in storage

niktam

What's the advice on batteries during the winter months please for a MH in storage with a solar panel charging the habitation battery only an AGM :-

Choices

Lots of suggestions that solar panels ( I have a100w )can/could overcharge at 13.8v which is the lowest setting on very sunny days in full sun and an AGM does hold it's charge as no load on it at all.

I could wire in the solar dual controller to charge the wet acid van battery as the battery number 1 battery as this takes the loss on the alarm etc. Adjust the charge to 70% van and 30% habitation battery but switch to AGM for both as only one setting?

Plug the van in though again lots of talk about overcharging the batteries as no control on the charger and won't charge the van battery.

Provide a 240v supply only(so don't use the van charger at all) to run two lower voltage maintenance chargers one for each battery so they switch themselves off as nesessary.

Cover the solar panel up and bring the habitation battery home leave the van one alone and go every 2 weeks for a 10 mile plus drive?

I fancy usng two maintenance chargers!

Archived