X290 headlamp adjustment.

Brian Kirby

Ours (LHD) came with well adjusted right dipping headlamps, plus a pair of "patterned" left dipping headlamps for registration/MoT/UK use. It is clear the latter were never correctly aligned, as when recently used they were obviously set far too low, but also out horizontally.

I've been looking (including Fiat forum) for any guidance on how to use the unfamiliar (to me) adjustment mechanism, but have drawn a blank. Could any one please point me to a manual (the owner's manual does not cover this) or other source so that I can at least get them practically usable?

Thanks in advance.

Brian, the attached image shows the headlight unit. I have circled the adjusters. I can't recall offhand which is which, although I think the one nearest the top edge of the lamp is the vertical adjustment and the other horizontal, but a quick turn of one of the screws should confirm that.

My van had its first test at a local council test station last year. The examiner adjusted my lights during the test as they were both slightly too low and aimed too far to the right. He did mention that from previous experience with these vans, that seemed to be how they all left the factory.

Headlight.JPG.6618d463ce95d6fb8454aa12675db647.JPG

Thank you Deneb. I'd seen the adjusting screws, but not recognised them for what they are. I guess it is just the internal lamp-holder/reflector unit that moves. I couldn't see what the adjusters acted on, so was reluctant to give them a twiddle in case of unintended consequences! Thanks again.

Archived