Zig charger probles

Guest Rees

Dear Clive and Derek: Both your comments are very enlightening and helpful. Thank you for responding. Yes, Derek, there are two small lights exactly as you recall and the behaviour pattern is as you suggest. I sent an e-mail to Zig and they have phoned me. It does seem that the Zig control panel has developed a small fault and I shall visit them for a repair. Meanwhile, the Zig panel shows a red light continuously but the multi meter reading shows LEISURE battery with 12.57 volts this morning after a day's use of the pump, reading lights and two hours satellite TV! Now that we know the likely problem, we can live with it whilst we enjoy visiting aire in south Brittany. Again, many thanks, Rees.

Guest Derek Uzzell
Good service from ZIG. I recall seeing (admittedly some time ago) a brand-new ZIG CP control panel being offered for sale at a Stratford show for £25. So, when you get home, it might be worth checking if these panels are available from 'surplus stock' outlets and, if so, what the asking-price is. I'd start with Charles & Son, then perhaps O'Leary Motorhomes (both advertise in MMM). I don't know if ZIG still stock the CP range, but, if they do, you could find a new panel is not much more expensive than having your present one repaired.

Archived