adhesive

yoko8pups

In Portugal, and I think in Spain, we have to have those red and yellow striped signs on the back to signify that our vehicle weighs more than 3500. My husband stuck them with gaffer tape and apart from falling off they have left an awful mess on the van.

My question is twofold, a) what would be safe to use to remove the remains of the brown gaffer tape?

b) What could we safely use to stick them on to the van again?

I'm hoping someone has had this problem and we can learn from their experience, it occurs to me that whatever is used to stick decals on would probably hold them as they are fairly light. Thanks in advance.

You can use a heat gun/hairdryer (carefully) with a rough cloth (not an old smooth T Shirt ) and just rub it off as it softens Then clean it as per normal (hot soapy water

Do not wax if you want to re stick the signs on the same area

For that you can use a good double sided tape to reapply your signage

Regards

‘Speed limit’ stickers are a requirement in some countries for motorhomes with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) execceding 3500kg - but those stickers are not striped red and yellow. France now has regulations demanding that motorhomes over 3500kg GVW carry ‘blnd spot’ signs, and these are red and yellow (and sort of striped). There are also striped red/yellow rear markings needed for long/large goods vehicles and striped red/yellow ‘boards’ relating to the carriage of rear loads (eg. bikes). But I’m not aware of the Portuguese/Spanish GVW-over-3500kg red/yellow signs yoko8pups mentions...

Archived