aire du somme

teccer1234

I think that - unless someone can tell you for certain what the present position is - you’ll need to take pot-luck about stopping there.

The 27 September 2018 comment on this link

https://www.campercontact.com/en/france/picardie-02-60-80/sailly-flibeaucourt/13562/aire-baie-de-somme

seems to be complaining that there is not a proper ‘motorhome aire’ there, but no mention is made of construction still continuing.

I’m sure you must be aware that overnighting ot autoroute service-stations is best avoided due to the heightened chance of theft from caravans and motorhomes, so it’s up to you to decide whether or not to take that risk.

I've just read the info on the aire and it states that overnight sleeping not allowed but for the last 10+ we've stopped overnight and the security van drives round a few time during the night and we've never had any problems.

one thing we did find out a few years ago when we met some friends just as we were about to leave, we stayed a bit longer which meant that the ticket we got on entering the motorway was over 24 hours old, now if you read the small print on the ticket is states that it's valid only for 24 hours,,,,, so when we got off we were charged 3 times the normal charge >:-( wont do that again

If you are referring to the advice on the campercontact website entry, I'm doubtful that this is correct (or, if there is a restriction, that it will be strictly enforced). The Aire de la Baie de Somme service-station has plenty of parking bays for large vehicles (eg. lorries) and it’s certain they will park there at night and that the drivers will sleep in their trucks.

Archived