another fridge

ian81

Our RM7361 fridge has performed well over 10 years. After a recent clean of the burner, the wire that attaches the thermocouple broke at the spade connector on the burner end. A new connector and piece of wire was fitted

The fridge lights perfectly after the first spark or two, but the igniter keeps on sparking indicating that the thermocouple is not sensing the flame, although it is in the correct position,

Any genius have any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks Brian for your response.

The spark igniter doesn't have a connector-the wire enters the ceramic body direct- Both igniter and thermocouple are firmly fixed.

As I say the igniter is doing its job. The only thing that has changed is connection which reads fine with a meter.

Ian . I had this problem sometime ago. From memory the wire end of the igniter was bent at 90 degrees and pointed down into the burner. I turned the igniter insulator round, so that the tip pointed up to the thermocouple, and was in a hotter part of the flame. This cured the problem. Worth a try.

Brian B.

PS Just a thought . Perhaps the wire that you replaced was not just a standard wire?

Archived