anyone off to norway in september

troyandy9

[QUOTE]troyandy9 - 2006-07-10 6:05 PM gi guys im going to norway on 7th september from newcastle to kristiansund. anyone else going and have been b4??? that could give me some info on norway... many thanks (lol)[/QUOTE]

You may find you've run out of summer that far north in September.  Have you checked?

I'm just off to Botswana, so this will be v short. Just back from Norway - Bergen to Nordkapp. The Norwegian tourist season is from 1 July to mid-August, by which time all the kids are back at school. It is likely to be quite cold and you will need good van heating - it was even in June. Many camp sites close in early or mid September. Having said that, if you get some sun, it's beautiful beyond belief. Lots of fjords, tunnels (almost 500), ferries (not cheap but not too bad if you're under 6 metres - after that the next point is up to 12 metres and that costs 2.5 times as much), mountains. If you want more info, I have lots, but you'll have to post again after I get back from Botswana on 23rd.

Archived