audio unit, for autotrail

IMP

I have recently purchased a 2012 Autotrail Savannah.

Somewhere along the line the original ELE12 unit has been changed for an unknown brand chinese unit.Whilst this is working on most programmes, it does not connect to GPS, as the SD card is missing!

I cannot find a replacement anywhere and neither could Les Hains, ( Autotrail only approved audio unit service centre) when they tried.

I would like to revert to original and I wonder if any Autotrail owner out there has got a fully functioning ELE12 unit that they wish to dispose of ?

My Advice after replacing 2 of these Audio Units is to : Start again with more reliable unit with less features. ie get a more up to date portable Sat-Nav unit, like a Tom-Tom.that is upgradable online.

And a separate Freeview tuner that works from 12volts. If you dont feel confident yourself to fit these units, get an Auto electrician to do it for you, I would upgrade the radio/dvd/cd player to a Dab capable one at the same time.

I consider the 12LE And the 13LE units to be substandard rubbish, very prone to overheating due to no heatsink and other varied faults...outdated Sat Nav maps unable to be updated.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Rayjsi is being much too polite about the original fit Autotrail unit when he says it's rubbish...

We fitted a Pioneer double DIN head unit and tossed away the video monitor that was alleged to provide a TV signal and bought an Avtex TV instead. Your Autotrail dealer may be able to source the over the cab TV bracket that was fitted to later models, ours did, although I don't know what it cost.

As well as the GPS unit being rubbish the TV tuner isn't up to much either, there were numerous occasions when it failed to find any signals whilst my laptop TV card connected to the same aerial found lots.

Archived