autosleeper warwick xl no 12volt power

charleydog

Morning all, took our six week old Warwick out for a day,and on arrival tapped on the touch screen to connect 12vlt power.Nothing! The screen remained black and all attemps to fix via the manual failed to get a response.So back to dealers.why do these things always happen on a saturday meaning a wait of two days before i can vent my spleen!( in a polite manner).Even when fixed it will dent my confidence for the future in this technology as there is nothing you can do for a self fix.I stopped at checking if the battery fuse had blown because if so a fault must be present for this to happen so will want the dealer to solve it.But i got a call from Signature Motorhomes of Preston this morning ( due to a miss dial) and the guy tried to talk a fix to me on the phone,from a dealership miles away,So said i would thank him on the forum. :-D Anyone else had issues with this system?

Paulmold, REALLY1 they can put it right remotely. So when i call my dealer to book it in, i wonder if that is what they will do,or tell me to do.That was not the answer i was expecting, and looking forward to see if it is.If so it's almost scary! 8-) But if it is YOU ARE THE MAN!

paulmold - 2019-10-13 1:16 PM

I'm guessing it's the EC700 panel. Lots of faults with these. Sargent have identified the cause as a microchip made in China. If you ring their helpline they can remotely switch it on but obviously not on a Sunday.

Given the lack of a direct communication channel, mobile data modem, phone, wifi, etc. I find it extremely difficult to accept the statement that the control panel can be switched on remotely.

Further for reasons related to privacy and security, I would be extremely concerned if the system could be controlled remotely by any third party.

I suggest that what Paul meant to convey, is that instructions could be given as to how to recover the system.

Alan

I was merely quoting from a thread on the Facebook Warwick Duo/XL group. The poster has had five panels now..

"Update on my Control Panel problem. Dealer called Sargent who then called me. I went inside the van and the chap from Sargent was able to turn the interior lights on by 'speaking' to the panel.....how scarey is that! He has confirmed there is a fault with the panel and is arranging a new one to be sent to the dealer for tomorrow. I did ask if he could activate other controls but only the lights can be done, worth knowing I feel as with bottled water I could use the van in an emergency."

"For information, if you lose the Sargent Control Panel while away. Contact Sargent Service Centre on 01482-678981 and they can remotely switch on interior lights AND the water pump plus tv 12volt plug."

Thanks all for the interesting comments ....update. Contacted dealer service dept. will call back. three hours still waiting. Sargent tech helpline said.No, they cannot connect remotely and a new panel will probably be required.So,a couple of trips to Newark S M C is unavoidable,where they can also fix the reversing camera stuck on av2 >:-(

Archived