awnings

Martyn22

I have removed my awning to save weight 28Kgs does anyone know where I can get new brackets to allow me to fit mt Omnistor to the wall of my house. I never used the awning when it was on the van as I mostly travelled to Spain and Portugal

Your decision of course but I suggest you think again about using a motorhome awning by fixing it to the side of a house - at best it will be an inconvenient and flimsy arrangement, laborious to roll out and secure to the ground every time. My son bought a house with a house-specific roll out awning and it's a much more robust thing than an Omnistor, especially the fixing brackets, which are great big casting fastened to the house with rawlbolts.

You could of course sell your Omnistor to another MH owners instead.

Martyn22 - 2020-08-04 10:00 AM

I have removed my awning to save weight 28Kgs does anyone know where I can get new brackets to allow me to fit mt Omnistor to the wall of my house. I never used the awning when it was on the van as I mostly travelled to Spain and Portugal

I see no reason why the original mountings should not be used again? They simply attach to the motorhome wall by bolting through the wall with strengthening plates on the inside wall. Suitably sized rawlbolts into the house wall should be perfectly adequate?

Any awning or sunshade will be a problem in windy conditions so just use when calm.

laimeduck - 2020-08-04 1:35 PM

Martyn22 - 2020-08-04 10:00 AM

I see no reason why the original mountings should not be used again? They simply attach to the motorhome wall by bolting through the wall with strengthening plates on the inside wall. Suitably sized rawlbolts into the house wall should be perfectly adequate?

Any awning or sunshade will be a problem in windy conditions so just use when calm.

You can get the brackets here you just need to keep an eye on the wind conditions when deployed as mentioned above .

https://www.leisureoutlet.com/awnings/awning-accessories/thule-omnistor-adaptors

Archived