breakdown cover

charleydog

We have just taken delivery of a Peugeot A/S Kingham. The A/S Warwick, that I traded it for was a Fiat which had a couple of years Fiat assist ,but the Peugeot does not appear to have this,At least there is no paperwork to say so,I am asking if this is so before adding breakdown cover to my policy,can anybody confirm this please.

The Peugeot commercial site implies the existence of a year's Peugeot Assistance. The only details I can find for this are on the car site, though the Ts&Cs documented there may well be common to the vans. It is supported by the RAC and provides breakdown cover.

I'm pretty sure you will be covered for the year, but under what terms is not clear (there may be length/weight restrictions for example).

Before adding breakdown cover, I'd seek to clarify with your dealer or A/S themselves.

(or email customercare@peugeot.com).

There may be brief details in the rear of the warranty booklet (if you have one).

Peugeot “Motorhome Assistance” is referred to on this Peugeot webpage

https://www.peugeot.co.uk/motorhomes/

(Screen-shot image attached below)

and also here

https://www.marquisleisure.co.uk/services/manufacturers-warranty/peugeot-motorhome-assistance

There’s an explanatory document here

https://media.peugeot.co.uk/file/08/9/peu.comp.warr.ukeur.0719-2019073-effective-01-september-2019.578089.pdf

that says

“period of service” means the length of time your vehicle is eligible for Peugeot Assistance, which is 12 months from the date of registration (or 36 months if the vehicle is a motorhome);

HOWEVER, this Auto-Sleepers webpage

https://www.auto-sleepers.com/owners/warranties

says about the warranties for their Peugeot-based motorhomes

Peugeot Warranty

Peugeot Wheel All motorhomes first registered in the UK and purchased from a UK Peugeot Approved Manufacturer benefit from a Peugeot 3 Year unlimited mileage warranty and an 3 year paint guarantee provided by the Peugeot Dealer Network in the UK. This additional warranty carries a mileage limit of 100,000 miles from first registration and is dependent upon the manufacturer’s recommended servicing being carried out at the specified time or distance intervals. For full terms and conditions, please consult your Peugeot Dealer in the UK.

All new Peugeot motorhomes come with 12 months’ Peugeot Assistance – breakdown assistance service. Peugeot Assistance includes European cover, homestart, roadside assistance, vehicle recovery and a free replacement car or hotel accommodation if required.

For this service call 0800 294 0294.

As there’s a conflict between the 3 years duration advised on the RAC webpage and the 12 months mentioned on the A-S webpage, as Robinhood says, clarification from Auto-Sleepers should be sought.

1255987956_ScreenShot2020-09-11at08_43_07.png.d41fa8b05dd198578cef74c2d9356551.png

Conrad - 2020-09-11 10:18 AM

Don't forget you can get RAC for nothing, using Tesco Clubcard vouchers.

Standard RAC cover has max length and weight restrictions. Our 3,800 kg 6.5 m long AT fails on both!

The RAC ARRIVAL scheme through the C&CC lifts both restrictions.

Keith.

Keithl - 2020-09-11 10:40 AM

Conrad - 2020-09-11 10:18 AM

Don't forget you can get RAC for nothing, using Tesco Clubcard vouchers.

Standard RAC cover has max length and weight restrictions. Our 3,800 kg 6.5 m long AT fails on both!

The RAC ARRIVAL scheme through the C&CC lifts both restrictions.

Keith.

Getting me worried but checked - normal RAC cover limits are 3.5 tonnes, 6.4m long, and 2.55m wide - I'm just ok (if I pull my wing mirrors in!!)

After the two years of cover from new, we have just taken out a policy with Driver Guardian. There are several options for cover including EU travel for various length of times. Price was £179 and each EU trip 90 days max. We are 7.5 tonnes and no restrictions. That beat the RAC quote easily.

That all said, as a friend mentioned. When was the last time you had a breakdown that needed full recovery. Possibly best to put the money in an account and a few years down the line, use it when you really need it!

Archived