c v problems

Mark Wilkes

I have a 2007 Citroen relay and there is a grinding noise from the left side wheel. I had the c v joint replaced and its still there. I went back to the garage and they said its the upper mounting bracket so that was done. The noise is still there. Please can anyone tell me what it could be as its costing a lot of money for it not to be right and if the garage is taking the Mickey what are my options. Thank you.

I tend to agree with bishbus

If we discount the possibility that the brake pads require replacement (they must have checked that???) then I would have checked the following;

1/ Brake calliper in case it’s seized. I’d not have expected it to create a grinding noise though, more a rubbing nose. The brake disc on the offending side would also be getting hotter than the opposite wheel. When it happened to me it was a rear wheel and showed a 10c difference (I have Tyepal)

2/ Wheel bearing. That will produced a pronounced grinding noise and the source is easily confirmed with a stethoscope.

However, I’d have expected any decent garage to have checked both these two items first and discounted them. The fact that the garage appears to be adopting ‘a suck it’ and see approach would not fill me with confidence so in your position I’d take it to another garage and request a confirmed diagnosis of the problem.

Archived