chelston motorhomes banbury

Guest Cathy

Guest Cathy
is there anyone out there that is due to pick up a van bought from chelston in banbury this week - have some urgent news for you that may affect your purchase

Guest Cathy
we are collecting our new van on friday and have just found out that the banbury branch is closing and that they have chosen not to tell new purchasers - do we really want to drive 150 miles each way for any warranty work (their somerset branch is still working) we chose banbury as it was closest to us

Guest Clive
Well, how many of us have bought a car (like a Rover for example) only to find that the garage goes changes name and franchise inside the extended warranty period. I understand that sales generally in the motorhome business are down 25% on last year. Dealers are therefore cutting their cloth a bit tighter and having 2 outlets 75 miles apart (was it a 150 mile round trip?) is a pain but not that bad. Having visited both Chelston sites they are keeping the best one open. We chose to have a 430 mile round trip for our dealer because they are very close to the manufacturer we wanted for a bespoke vehicle. (Autotrail) Its bite the bullet I suspect. good luck

Guest Cathy
hi clive its a 300 mile total trip - my greivance is that they haven't had the decency to tell the customer and are being extremely sneaky about it all!!

Guest Clive
Hi Cathy, Yes I agree with you but I bet they have covered themselves in the small print somwhere. 150 mile each way, by the time I got the reply page up I had forgotten if it was each way or round. A bit of a bugger. Take it on the chin and hope that you don,t have any warranty problems. I did with mine with the shower tray cracking but they came and collected the camper and brought it back afterwards, twice as they fitted the replacement the wrong way round first time. All it did was put miles on the clock. night night

Archived