computer route mapping

Guest Keith T

Guest Keith T
I seem to recall there were some postings concerning the above a while back, comparing the various programmes available; these seem to have dissapeared, and as I cannot recall the actual subjct matter, cannot retreive them. Does anyone remember what they were headed, or alternatively does anyone have experience of other than Autoroute Express, which in many respects I find somewhat lacking? Thanks.

Guest Will Redfearn Wirral Motorhome Club
I have used AND route series. They are a Dutch firm but are available in the uk. Currently I am trying to find their North America version. I had an old copy many years ago. The newer versions are compatable with GPS navigation systems.The uk edition is called Route66

Guest Will Redfearn Wirral Motorhome Club
Further to my previous posting here are the contact details. ROUTE 66 Geographic Information Systems B.V. Haaksbergweg 9 NL-1101 BP AMSTERDAM ZUIDOOST The Netherlands Fax: +31 (0)20-312 30 61 General information: info@66.com Sales information: sales@66.com Marketing information: marketing@66.com Press information: press@66.com Customer support: support@66.com Career information: careers@66.com https://secure66.com

Guest Peter Goddard
By coincidence I was going to ask for reccommendations for route planners, then I logged on and saw this thread. At the moment I use Autoroute 2000 but this only has Great Britian so other suggestions for a system which also does Ireland and Europe please.

Guest petej
A good online freebie is www.viamichelin.com Very useful for planning european trips,calculating out toll roads and loads of other variables to tailor your chosen route. Unlike autoroute the route directions are not too complex and are easily understood. If you join 'my via michelin' (free) you also get your own account to log travel details and routes used for different holidays and can refer back to them. pete.

• 2 weeks later...
Autoroute 2005 is my preferred mapping system. All of Western Europe, down to street level and, when coupled with a gps detector, it updates your position several times a second. Wasted my money on Memory Map first though.

Archived