confidential information

Ray

I would like to know why MMM is circulating my address and subscribers code number to a motorhome insurance company. I recieved un- solicited mail from Budget motorhome insurance this morning. Where else is this information being circulated/sold

Guest Derek Uzzell
I would think this is something you should be taking up with a suitable MMM advertising/subscriptions contact as listed on the magazine's Contents page. (It is probably irrelevant in your case, but one can 'subscribe' for unsolicited mail-shots by not ticking the appropriate box on the MMM website Cash Mart section, or by obtaining free Warners magazines at shows.)

Guest Basileuo
I too am annoyed at recieving one of these letters. I have, as I always do either ticked or not ticked the appropriate box on any forms for subscription that I have filled in as I do not want mail shots, that is why I am also registered with the Mailing Prefference Society, who I will be taking this up with. Just another indication of the way the mag is going with its mania for advertising, in my view.

Guest Derek Uzzell
The postman has just delivered a BUDGET flyer and, as you pointed out, this carries my MMM subscriber reference. I've dug out the subscription renewal notice I last received and this has a small-print advertising opt-in/opt-out section that would have come into play if I had renewed by post. However, I renewed my MMM subscription by phone and I know I wasn't asked whether I wanted to receive unsolicited mail as a result. Can't say it bothers me much (as long as it burns in my stove!), but I'd just as soon not have it. E-mailing the Warners subscriptions address (subscriptions@warnersgroup.co.uk) and asking them remove the option to receive junk-mail might stop it in future.

Guest Yorkshire Tyke
Do these post have return envolopes? If so :- First remove all papers with your name & address and references - otherwise you may double the amount of stuff you get Secondly put all the rest of the papers into the envolope and send it back If you get more than one shuch item send each one someone elses rubbish You could alternatively fill in the name & address of someone who you think may like to be bombardeed with rubbish (such as the MD of the firm who sent it out) That is unless you require paper Lighting of fires/barbees for the use of

Guest Brian Kirby
Well, boys and girls, the back of the envelope mine cam in says "If undelivered please return to: Warners Group Publications etc etc" I Therefore assumed Budget must have persuaded Warners to do their mail out for them. If so, the true culprit is Warners, who are taking the narrowest possible interpretation of your wishes not to have your subscription details circulated! Cheeky s*ds! Really, the things people do for money! Seriously, I think Warners need a rocket more for sharp practice rather than breach of confidentiality. Not that I think the principle is any different, just the means is more sneaky. Brian

Archived