control panel

SHEENA

It should turn on exactly the same way with or without EHU, so that suggests a battery or wiring issue?

Is the battery charged up and any good?

Try starting the engine and waiting 2 minutes and then try turning the 12v on.

If that works wait 5 minutes, then turn on an interior light and turn off the engine with the 12v power still on.

Does the 12v/light turn off straight away or does it last a few minutes before shutting down?

The attached photo is of a Nordelettronica control-panel fitted to a McLouis “Nevis” motorhome, but I think the same panel would have been fitted to Sheena’s 2007 “Tandy” (except that the panel would probably have “Tandy” on it rather than “Nevis”.

(Perhaps Sheena can confirm whether the photo matches her motorhome’s control-panel.)

control-panel.jpg.d88bb1d94707f7e7f10dee6998f1c3de.jpg

Guest pelmetman
stevec176 - 2018-11-08 2:49 PM

Not being rude but, why haven't you asked the person or dealer you got it from?

Our friend bought a new van, and picked it up with her new partner who filmed the handover on his phone ;-) .......

Did it help?........Did it Bollox's *-) ........

Their first holiday away was with us, who they thought could sort out their 21st century complicated camper :D .........

After two weeks ......I was glad I'm a Luddite who only uses this century technology under sufferance

B-) ...........

The 1st attached photo below is of a Nordelettronica NE160MC control-panel. It’s easily identified as such as it has “NE160MC” in the lower-left corner.

McLouis used the “Tandy” model-name for quite a few years, with the vehicles being based on earlier and later Ducato chassis and also on the Renault Master. The advert on the following link is said to relate to a 2007 Ducato X250-based Tandy 671

https://www.caravansforsale.co.uk/motorhome/mclouis-tandy-671-13-862-miles-4-berth-2007-used-good-condit/796362

and the 3rd photo (2nd attached photo below) shows the control-panel. This is a NE172L panel and there’s an identifier (Mod. NE172L)below the On/Off button.

An Instruction Manual for the NE172L panel is here:

http://rpm.planetaclix.pt/other_manuals/nordelettronica-kit2006-ne150-ne172l-ne148s-ne185s.pdf

nordelettronica_ne160mc.jpg.38949990311bdaa05b88fa9c1d7ec854.jpg

photo_3.jpg.315028767b0cc6d2da4026d288bab0a2.jpg

I think your motorhome is a 2003 Glen 363 model.

In 2003 McLouis would have been fitting the rectangular NE160ML control-panel to their motorhomes, but it looks like they had switched to the oval NE172L panel by 2007.

Sheena will be able to cofirm which panel her motorhome has, but (as Allan advises) whether her Tandy’s panel is the 160 or the 172, it should still switch on without needing to connect the motorhome to a 230V hook up.

Having browsed this thread, may I suggest that the particular model of control panel is not critical at this stage.

For Sheena to carry out the simple test outlined in Allan's (aandncaravan's) post made at 3:01 PM on 08/11/18, is critical to providing any further advice. It may be as Allan suggests that the habitation battery is faulty, or could it be the main habitation battery fuse that has blown?

It may be that Sheena has her vehicle in storage, and that there will be a delay before she can access it.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

Archived