dealer closure

Guest tony skillan

Guest tony skillan
I ordered a new Mohican motorhome from Bromley Motorhomes in May of this year. After having received numerous reasons why they could'nt deliver it I finally found out last month that they had closed down. Fortunately they refunded my deposit but I wonder how many other dealers are in a similar situation. I have heard rumours that this is'nt the first time this happened to this company but am not sure whether this is true or not. Has anyone any experience of dealing with this company ?

Guest Malcolm Moore
Bought 2 vans from them and vowed I would never buy another. Caught me out by selling me a VW T4 with a new battery - it turned out to be for a Ford Fiesta. Didn't know they had gone to the wall though - so presumably no May show at Detling any more. Wondered why it wasn't being advertised.

Guest Derek Uzzell
I notice Bromley's monthly advert in MMM stopped with the October issue, but their website is still alive (though not particularly up to date it seems). Probably quite a few UK motorhome dealerships are on a knife-edge financially if one did but know and there are seldom any clear warning signals of impending doom until the closure actually happens.

Guest Malcolm Moore
Strange when motorcaravan sales are supposedly at record levels. Suppose it all comes down to competition and customers soon sort out who can be trusted and who can't!

• 1 month later...

Archived