dealers at nec

Guest pam hancox

Guest pam hancox
hi, hubby and I went Nec last weekend and ended up buying (we hope) a new motorhome, we had one a few years ago, that got stolen, so we moved house so it can be behind our gates along with very large alsation!! last year could not afford new van so brought a caravan which hubby hated. so taken the leap again. Thing that worrys me is several companys offer same van under varies guises Eldis 150 under guises of Firestorm from Barrons, negotiated deal with sales rep £3,000 better than others as they offered very good price for caravan we are part exchanging, now that is my query, has any one else had dealings with Barrons, and do they honor their price, as feels bit too good to be true.

Hi- hope you have not put down any deposit on yor selected van until you have taken your caravan to the dealers and got a writen price of the offer they gave you. I cant say how Barrons conduct themselves, but I have read many stories of when you take in your caravan,, they will find some fault or another to lower the quote and if you have paid a deposit you have a real problem getting it back if you want to back out. Best of luck. Chas

Guest Dave Newell
Hi Pam, don't know about dealers houring trade in offers but before you put down any deposit make sure you get it in writing that it is returnable and arrange a good long test drive of your chosen 'van. Not just round the block but half hour plus on a variety of roads. I have heard of dealers taking non-returnable deposits at shows, then when the customer (you) takes their trade in 'van to the dealer and is offered less than the original offer because of some defect or other the customer (you) is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do you a/ take the lower trade in price now being offered or b/ give up your deposit and go somewhere else. Can't comment on Barrons or any other dealer from personal experience but never forget "buyer beware"!. D.

Shows are great to go and look at. Great to see what's on offer. Great to see what's new ... but never, never to buy at a show. These guys have all the ace cards, and may even stack them too ... string them along and make them contact you later - especially if buy the same van from several resellers. Start with the nearest to you - why have to travel 200 miles for a service if there's a guy who'll do the same deal 30 miles away. Haggle, get up and walk away and let them chase you ... stack the pack in your favour and be very, very specific about every detail and making sure everything, but everything is in writing. Get them to write to you to confirm the details before you sign ... remember colin campbell's post: hymer u.k. finance scam or what ? — 14/02/2006

Hello Pam, we hava have bought tents, caravans and two motorhomes from Barron's. Last one four weeks ago. we would not buy anywhere else. they have always given us good service and deals. regards phil

Archived