dehumidifiers

Guest Kate

Can anyone recommend a particular make/model. We have looked at mini dehumidifiers made by prem-i-aie but don't know if they would be suitable for van use. We have a 24 foot Bessacarr. Any advice warmly welcomed.

Next time you see a BT linesman with his head in one of those roadside green boxes ask him if he could spare a few of those de-humidifier bags that they hang liberally inside these cabinets. They have them by the sack full! They are full of silica gell and do the job quite nicely.

Guest Simon B
We bought a mini dehumidifier for our van, but I got my money back on it as it was only suitable if the air temperature was over 15 degrees. We heat our van but not to that temperature! I can`t see any problem using a dehumidifier as long as the operating temperature is within its specification and as long as you remember to empty it every few days!

Don,t forget that if your van gets very cold, below zero, then the humidity will be zero. (Any moisure in the air is now frozen and fallen!)

Thanks for all the replies,my husband found a good dehumidifier(ebac 2800e) in the clearance section of Homebase and it`s amazing how much moisture there is here in Scotland !!!

Archived