discounted ferry for motorhomes and vans

DevonDad

If you’re a camping or caravan enthusiast you’ll simply love this exciting offer. Simply book before the 30th November 2019 and you could take advantage of this fantastic Newhaven to Dieppe high vehicle offer from DFDS Seaways.

Tourist vans (7m max) and camper vans (10m max) travelling between the 6th January 2020 and 30th September 2020 can travel on the Newhaven to Dieppe route for the same price as a single car. Prices for a single car start at just £49 for 2 people, one way. Furthermore trailers (14m max) and caravans (8m max) travel for free.

The discounted crossings are available in limited quantity and only on the 23:00 crossing on a Sunday night & 18:00 crossing on Saturday afternoon.

This route suits me better than going Dover/Calais. I tried a few dates but couldn't get one at the £49 claimed price

I have done the Newhaven Dieppe crossing, not much to rave about IMO I live in Southampton so just as easy to go to Dover, always get a cheap crossing from the CCC and just phone them a day or so before I want to sail, one way ticket always, and for return I do the same from Cite De Europe Aire the day before we want to return,like to wander the shops here and have a good meal too in one of the many food outlets, we usually are on a P n O ship so that is OK and as it is only 1-5 hour crossing that is good too, We generally have a couple of nights at Dover Park and ride aire before heading for the Dover ferry port, all very laid back and easy, not worth complicating things I believe. The crossing from Portsmouth is only 25 miles from my home but I do not want to be on a Ferry for 7 hours.

Billggski - 2019-10-11 5:15 PM

Frequent traveller rates on the tunnel are about the same price and available on all trains.

You just need to share ten single trips with another traveller over a 12 month period.

Thats sounds complicated not for me I think ,and do you not have to book 2 weeks ahead ?

Billggski - 2019-10-13 12:54 PM

You can book or change crossings 24 hrs before you go. Even dogs go cheaper.

I shared my crossings with someone I never met.

Did you advertise for a "sharer" or how did you find one? We had the multiple croosings two years ago, but didn't use them all, so I would be interested if there was someone to share with.

The Dieppe route is discounted to over 60's, which does make it cheaper than the tunnel and , in our case easier to use than Calais.

I shared with "Judgemental" on this site, but he sadly passed away.

Just post a request, I used two returns, he used three.

I sometimes just phoned the tunnel the day before I wanted to travel to see what crossings were available, you pay extra for peak times, but it suited our style, travelling in May and September usually.

Billggski - 2019-10-18 10:40 AM

I shared with "Judgemental" on this site, but he sadly passed away.

Just post a request, I used two returns, he used three.

I sometimes just phoned the tunnel the day before I wanted to travel to see what crossings were available, you pay extra for peak times, but it suited our style, travelling in May and September usually.

Many thanks

Archived