dunkerque + pets

Guest henry

Guest henry
please can someone remind us regarding the campsite with a link to a vet in dunkerque please. i know that i printed it off and put it somewheree safe........! regards henry and thanks for all your help

Guest Clive
A search for VEt revealealed a lot. Try this for starters! Vet in Dunkerque (1) — Mel B — 22/03/2005 20:08:17 Does anyone have experience of a vet somewhere near Dunkerque that participates in the Pet Passport Scheme? We're travelling there in June and want to get planning for when we come back. Ta in advance. Vet in Dunkerque (2) — Norma — 22/03/2005 21:35:36 Mel - Try this web site http://www.paws4travel.co.uk/vets.htm Vet in Dunkerque (3) — Ana — 23/03/2005 13:45:54 Thank you very much for that link!! We are planning a trip in Dec/Jan and will need that information, have bookmarked it! Thanks!! Ana x Vet in Dunkerque (4) — alan — 23/03/2005 18:55:30 You could also try taking a look at the French yellow pages on www.pagesjaunes.fr and enter vetinaire and the town of your choice.The advantage of this is that you can choose a vet a day away from the channel ports to avoid hanging around after the treatment. Vet in Dunkerque (5) — Mel B — 23/03/2005 19:18:16 Thanks gang - I'm going to have a surf later! Dog's (yes again) and French vets.(1) — Graham — 18/07/2004 22:17:10 Could someone point me in the direction of lists of vets in France, at or near the ports, that will do the checks for returning dogs to the UK. I use Calais, Cherbourg at different times. Dog's (yes again) and French vets.(2) — Pam Hudson — 19/07/2004 00:39:28 Graham, I have used the following Vets in France 1. Cherbourg:- Docteur Oliver RICHARD of 7,Quai de General Collins CHERBOURG The clinic is in the main Harbour area, only has a small carpark but convieniently within few hundred yards of V.large Carrefour supermarket. 2.Ardres:- Docteur BOUTIERE of Clinique Veterinaire du Camp du Drap d'Or Champ de Foire -62610 Ardres Tel: 03 21 35 40 03 It is 20 miles from Calais; town has several campsites within town boundries and easy access to Vet's clinic Parking is free in the main square and in smaller square opposite vets ( but that one hosts the local market on 2 weekdays). Both Vets speak good english, other staff un petit peu!! Charges vary with weight of dog. For other towns use the french yellow pages (http://wfa.pagesjaunes.fr)and search for veterinaires practiciens, in specific Localite Hope this useful for you and anyone else taking a dog to France; they will love you for it. Great place, need extra documentation if going to Portugal or Spain but easy for France. Words of warning though; don't go out for walk in woods or near lakes at dawn or dusk as French are very keen on shooting (rabbits or birds). Dog's (yes again) and French vets.(3) — Aileen — 19/07/2004 15:03:06 Graham, Have you thought of using 'Dogs Away'. They provide a great service. They made the appointment for me, provided me with the appropriate documentation, directed me to a convenient parking area, all for a small fee. It took all the worry out of the situation. I also don't speak much French but that didn't matter as the vet knew what to expect and just got on with the treatement and I was finished in about 5 minutes. I was travelling through Calais but didn't want to spend the night in the city so they found a vet in Etables - about 30 km from Calais. I will post another note tomorrow with the name of the vet. Their web site is www.dogsaway.co.uk and their phone number is 020 8441 9331. Dog's (yes again) and French vets.(4) — nick miller — 19/07/2004 19:46:38 Have always used the same vet.. Chritiane Petry 1148 Blvd du Ceneral de Gaulle, Calais.Phone 0321347739 for your 'rendez vous'.Good English,knows what to do and charges 45 euros.Blvd du G de Gaulle is just round corner from Bleriot Plage Carpark in Calais (www.mappy.com).Stay the night if you want.Mr.Thingy at Manoir de Senleques Pernes les Boulogne{not bad site to overnight a dog or you can drive over to Wimereux for a longer trot) has a tame vet just by Auchan at Boulogne but I have never used them. Jakob and i are just back from the vet and instead of pets 1 and 5 he now has his own passport.Defra web site is sketchy but standing documents will be valid for a while apparently French vet will enter details of treatment contra ticks & tocks in the passport.I phoned defra to ask if les dames at Calais were aware of the new regulations ''I would hope so'' So we shall see. We are back at the end of October so perhaps we wont be the first to face the inquisition. Dog's (yes again) and French vets.(5) — Graham — 19/07/2004 22:23:59 Thanks all for your replies, dog and me due to travel in Octoberish ! so info. very useful. Dog's (yes again) and French vets.(6) — Aileen — 20/07/2004 09:21:22 Graham The vet I used was 'Clinique Veterinaire de Dr Laurent Goube', 18 Boulevard Bigot Descelers, Etables, 62630, France. Phone 0033 3 21 94 67 01. He charges €30. The surgery in right on the waterfront with a large carpark about 500m away. Etables is about 10/15k from Boulogne and 30/40k from Calais. As it is on the sea there are lots of camp sites in the area.

Archived