dvla on line

Guest graham

asany one managed to successfully tax their vehicle on line.i had 8 attempts and kept getting tec error.gave up went to post office,is this another govement good idea that dont work.

Does anybody work at DVLC or is it completely automated My son renewed his car in July at ths same post office and at the samr time as we renewed our van He has received a new registeration document We have not even after one telephone call one Fax message and three letters So far no reply at all What will happen when we come to renew our tax Will the old style registration document be accepted?????????

As you don't need your registration document to renew your RFL it won't matter, however they do not neccessarily update the V5 when you renew your RFL and will renew insequence. I have seven vehicles, some have been updated others have not, but it does not affect renewal of RFL.

I have just made use of the DVLA website to renew our Motorhome Vehicle Licence. The earliest day in the month on which you can renew is the 15th. All you need available is your current Vehicle Licence Application Form or Vehicle Registration Document. Plus your Debit Card details. Insurance and MOT details are not asked for, as these are checked electronically. I went on to the DVLA site very late in the evening on the 15th February. I found the renewal operation was very easy to use, taking only a few minutes to complete (much less time than you can spend queuing at the Post Office) My new Tax Disc arrived by post four days on the 19th. I would certainly recommend to anyone that you give this method a try.

I tried renewing on line , try 1 it was down due to maintenance, try 2,3 4 & 5 went through procedure very easily, submitted finished details, got message. "A Technical error has occured" etc. Gave up went to the Post Office. Perhaps it was on coffee break.

Guest nick dean
always put mine in post to local HPO comes back i n about 4 days . think i will stick with the tried an tested for the price of a stamp.

Archived