elddis autoquest 320

Guest andy

we are in the process of buying a1993 4/5berth rear kitchen Autoquest320 has anyone got any infomation on this model its on A Talbot 2.5 desiel

Guest nick dean
had petrol model since new 94 what do you want to know about one of these rugged old work horses.! nick 01403731766 /07741067066

Andy Make sure you give a good drive, both at normal road speeds and at higher 'motorway' type speeds, this should highlight any problems with the gearbox etc - they can be quite sloppy althogh the one we had was really good. Have a good look around for damp etc, especially in the back of the toilet compartment as the damp air seems to gather in here and can cause problems, also as there is are trim strips along the rear corners they can let in water as our's was starting to do. Basically have a really good snif, rummage etc, in and outside, and under and if in doubt get a garage to check the mechanicals - it won't cost you much but if there is anything needing replacing/repairing they should spot it and it's a bargaining tool - we were once going to buy a car and had it checked first - it turned out that all the brake pipes needed replacing but it wasn't obvious due to the 'coating' that had been applied previously! Needless to say we walked away!!!

Thank you for your email on mmm forum we will keep these points in mind. Did you have the desiel version Ive been told 25 to30 mpg I thought nearer 20 well thanks again .

Hi Andy We had the 1.9TD version and it was a very good engine indeed. I'd stay clear of un-turboed ones as I wouldthink they'll be quite sluggish - at least our newer 2.8 diesel Fiat on a 2001 Swift Suntor 590RS (before the makeover) wasn't the speediest of things! We probably got near to 27 mpg from our Elddis but as with everything your driving style will determing whether or not you get better, or worse, than this, certainly I think only 20 mpg is a bit low. Anyone who tells you you can get 30mpg+ is cross-eyed!!!

Archived