extra locks

Guest Mick

Guest Derek Uzzell
Ignoring individual DIY aptitude, how easy it will be to fit extra locks will often depend on the motorhome to which they are to be fitted. Best to say what you've got (exact make/model and year) if you want a reliable prognosis.

Guest Rob Hudson
Hi Mick, I have fitted the Defen Door Lock by Greenstreet Marketing on our Hymer. Also A similar version by Fiamma on the door to our generator. The Defen one sits over the 'stable door' join (if that make sense). Fairly easy to fit. And definatley worth it. Is your motorhome still under warranty? It may pay to have a professional fit it if so. Hope this helps. Can send a photo of fitting if needed. Just mail me. Rob

Guest Derek Uzzell
HEOsafe locks may suit your requirements - it really depends whether you want to secure the cab-doors from inside or outside (I'm doubtful with retro-fitted locks that you will be able to do both.) HEOsafe locks are operated from inside the motorhome and, as far as I can see, they look easy to fit. Details are available from www.leisure-solutions.co.uk or www.leisurepower.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...
Guest John T
I fitted Safeway lock a couple of years ago to the Ducato cab and Hymer habitation doors. It took me about a day. The usual rule applies: measure three times and cut once. Search on "safeway" and also "unimog" for examples.

Archived