france speeding tickets

FRANKP60

Probably been asked before ,but assistance required .This morning I have received two speeding tickets from France they relate back to October 18 ,when we were in France .

Firstly is there a time scale for sending out ,think its within two weeks in UK .

Should I pay .

If yes what is best method of payment

FRANKP60 - 2019-04-03 12:22 PM

Probably been asked before ,but assistance required .This morning I have received two speeding tickets from France they relate back to October 18 ,when we were in France .

Firstly is there a time scale for sending out ,think its within two weeks in UK .

Should I pay .

Well, if we’ve done the crime we must do the time so if the demands are genuine it would be wise to pay up before the costs escalate. I’ve not picked one up my self, but I’m aware that if foreign drivers in the UK fail to pay up for speeding fines etc the demands are passed to debt collectors in the relevant country for collection purposes. I suspect that the reverse also applies.

Re payment - I’d have thought that payment options are on the demand? Personally, my preference would be to pay on-line via the appropriate government website and pay with a credit card to ensure a record of the transaction is maintained.

FRANKP60

The attachment below is taken from this AA website

https://www.theaa.com/european-breakdown-cover/driving-in-europe/driving-offence-abroad

This link may also be helpful:

https://www.antai.gouv.fr/particulier?lang=en

I can’t find anything on-line about any maximum duration allowed to the French authorities between receiving identification details from the DVLA and sending an offence notice to a motorist in the UK.

However, as the French authorities apparently have 12 months from the date of the offence to contact the DVLA, receiving in the UK now a notice relating to an October 2018 offence would be well within the 12-months period that the French authorities have to contact the DVLA.

..........................................................................................................................

397042717_drivingoffencesabroad.png.b32cbbf503260707f115972cdce5fc8c.png

FRANKP60 - 2019-04-03 12:22 PM

Should I pay .

You could always write and ask them to confirm the last time the camera was calibrated. Make them earn their money...if they can.

The letter was not recorded delivery, it just arrived in the normal post.

The payment methods are given on one of the forms that come with the demand. I paid by credit card via a French government website.

There’s also ‘Date of last verification’: (27/02/2018). I assume this refers to when the camera was last tested?

Cattwg :-D

Archived