general accident

charleydog

although most of us use specific insurance for our m/homes,I am trying to cancel a policy with GA and am finding it a nightmare.All on line cant talk to anyone,going round in circles,Aviva are the underwriters and do not want to know.This is on a car,but this is for anyone offered a deal on a camper.Use a company you can talk to >:-)

General Accident is a trading name for Aviva UK Digital.

Aviva UK Digital is an intermediary which introduces and sells direct to the consumer products underwritten by Aviva Life Services UK Ltd and Aviva Insurance Ltd. It trades as both General Accident and Quotemehappy.com (sic) .

Needless to say, Aviva UK Digital is part of the Aviva Group. I suggest you open a complaint with them. They’re required to report complaint figures to the FCA so they have an incentive to resolve issues promptly.

charleydog

Genaral Accident’s guidance on how to cancel a policy can be read here

https://help.generalaccident.com/car-insurance/cancellations/how-do-i-cancel-my-car-insurance-policy/

I accept that you are having difficulty doing this, but so many tasks must now be carried out online that used to be handled by human beings and the procedures required can be very user-unfriendly (I have a deep dislike of the NS&I website and I’m supposed to be IT-literate.)

I considered moving your posting to the Admin Quarantine forum and asking the forum Administrator whether it’s allowable under Warmers terms of usage conditions. As you’ve said, your complaint is about a GA car insurance policy and not motorrhome related, and - because you haven’t explained why cancellation has proved such a nightmare for you (and GA’s guidance SEEMS clear enogh) - I’m not sure if your cancellation difficulties are specific to your situation or would occur generally.

BruceM has advised you what you should do if you wish to make a complaint, so I’ve decided to just freeze this thread.

Archived