habitation service

finnruss

Welcome finnruss. What have your dealers said? My van is 5 years old and should have had a major service this year but I only had a minor service as I'd done less than 2000 miles since the last service but still had the hab check as normal. I would definitely recommend having the hab check done just in case of leaks and bits coming lose and then you'll be ready to get away.

Yes, I'd agree with Steve. I bought a new van April 2019, damp found at habitation check, been a long haul getting it sorted. It's not miles you drive that make it leak, it's shoddy work when it was made that takes a few rainstorms for it to show up. Don't risk delay in finding it, fingers crossed your van will be fine.

haven't spoke to dealers yet but it makes sense as I have had trouble before with a Marquis Special had pipe blow off in bathroom ended up back in factory but I think I will call Elddis as well to see if they are looking at extending warranty as none of this is customer faults can't see Pugeot extending though

It's unlikely either the base vehicle manufacturer or the converter will extend the respective warranties.

What they may do, however, is recognise the difficulty in scheduling the required services and/or inspections at the required anniversary intervals, and provide some allowance.

Elddis most certainly have recognised the difficulty:

https://elddis.co.uk/news/coronavirus-rescheduling-your-annual-service

but this still requires the service to be carried out (and "as soon as possible", given the circumstances).

Peugeot garages have probably been open throughout, but you, or they, might have had issues with dealing with a motorhome.

Whatever, if you wish to keep any warranty cover, it would be sensible to make arrangements "as soon as possible". I'd also suggest that, if any service is delayed, you carefully check whether the next one is required on the original anniversary, or the anniversary of any delayed date.

Archived