help needed from tom tom 3 users please

Guest terry

Guest terry
hi, i have just downloaded the french map onto an sd card,could anybody tell me if there is a way of checking to make sure everything is ok,also,does anyone know of a website where i can download french campsites as p.o.i.i would be very thankful for any help as i am not very good with computers.thank you terry.

Guest Norma
Can't help you with tom tom but this site may help you with places to stay. Sorry if you don't want aires. http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

Guest trigrem
Terry Have a look at www.motorhomefacts.com There are some downloads available for TOmTom that cover French Campsites, and also French Aires.You will have to sign on as a member but joining is easy and free, unless you want to make volutary contribution. Doug

Guest Mike C
Hello Terry, When you say downloaded French map to SD card is this to use in a PDA such as HP ipaq. If so put SD card in PDA and go into TomTom program, tap on map and then "Change Preferences", tap on arrow symbol bottom right of screen and then on "Switch Map". Select "France" and French map will display if you have paid for, received and entered the access code. If you have downloaded map from CD then you will have to go into the TomTom website to pay for and get the access code (£130 for Europe). If the map is activated then tap first map screen, tap right arrow bottom right then "Browse Map". By using the map zoom bar on right of screen you can see if map is displaying correctly and if POI's are active then these will also be displayed. Try planning a route say from Calais to Renne to test it. If you are not using a PDA then a similar procedure can be followed in Tomtom program on your device. Have a look at website www.pocketgpsworld.com for forum and PDI downloads. This site seems to concentrate mainly on TomTom navigator. Regards, Mike C

Guest terry
mike c, thank you for your answer ,it,s exactly the answer i wanted,have done as you said and everything is fine .i had entered the access code which was with the maps of europe when i bought them .it has made my day,easy when you know how,frustating when you don,t.once again thank you and also everyone else who left me an answer.where would i be without this forum? regards terry.

Archived