high visibility clothing

Guest John D

Guest John D
Do the regulations in some European countries concerning high visibilty clothing specify that it is a jacket that must be worn as opposed to a waistcoat, or would either suffice?

Guest PeteC
The info that I have - from Caravan club & Camping & caravanning club Oh and RAC Just say that high visibility clothing must be worn It also says the it must conform to EEC standards, However we got some green flourescent & Silver reflective material (both as used to make police & emergency services clothing)from Points North & made our own to the same standard

Guest John T
The EEC standard to be conformed to is EN471/94. This should be found on the collar label of the garment. Otherwise the Spanish policeman will say it's just coloured.

Guest Paul W
For information EN471/1994 covers both waistcoats and full jacket/ coats, however a waistcoat is to EN471/1994 Class 2 whereas a jacket/ coat is Class 3. this is not neccessarily on the collar and can be virtually anywhere on the article. So the question is really are both Class 2 and Class 3 satisfactory as the only mention of the regulations I have seen quote Class 2.

I was under the impression that the jackets/waistcoats had to be yellow to conform with the euro standard. For those on a tight budget keep a look out in Poundland as they sometimes have them and they are the right standard

Hi I have worked on motorways here and a waistcoat is not enough, I was told you had to have 2 luminous stipes on arms of garment! Also told off for only wearing shorts! Why?? Pat

Guest Paul W
John D Thanks for the Hivis website, was trawling around trying to find a reasonable place to purchase, the cheapest I had found were £4.99 + vat at Mackro's. I was about to buy when I saw your post and they were so cheap I bought 4 lots so that I have, with my Jacket, got sufficient to clad all occupants. They deliverd wthin 3 days as well. Good site thanks again. Paul W

Archived