how do i get fridge to work

Victor,

From posts above, it seems that you have an Electrolux fridge model RM4361. This fridge will have a switch for gas ignition at the top RHS. If it has a push button in that location, then it is probably an RM4360 with manual piezo ignition for the gas mode. I am more familiar with the latter, having owned one for many years.

On the control panel from left to right, there are the following controls, red 12v switch (12v operation only available when engine is running), green 240V mains switch (EHU required for operation), thermostat for 240V mains operation, gas valve, gas thermostat, and gas ignition device either switch (electronic ignition), or push button for piezo ignition.

For 240V operation you will need to have the vehicle connected to the mains supply, then switch "ON" the green switch. Adjust temperature with adjacent thermostat dial.

Gas operation, which I suspect is your problem, is more involved. The fridge pilot burner takes only a small amount of gas, so after fitting a new bottle of gas, or after a long period when the gas mode has not been used, it helps if you partially fill the pipework by lighting a hob burner first. Particularly with piezo ignition patience is still needed. Turn the gas valve to the gas flame symbol and hold. Then either operate the ignitor switch to "ON" (you should be able to hear the spark, a clicking noise), or repeatedly press the button until a flame can be seen through the sight glass inside the fridge.( It may take some time on first lighting as ther will still be air in the pipework.) Once you have a flame keep holding the gas valve for at least a further 10 seconds, before releasing. I should mention that the gas may also need turning "ON" at a gas manifold valve, before attempting to start the fridge on gas.

There is no thermostatic control of 12V operation.

May reinforce the suggestion that you download a manual via the link provided above.

Alan

Alanb - 2019-05-08 10:38 PM

Victor,

From posts above, it seems that you have an Electrolux fridge model RM4361. This fridge will have a switch for gas ignition at the top RHS. If it has a push button in that location, then it is probably an RM4360 with manual piezo ignition for the gas mode. I am more familiar with the latter, having owned one for many years.

On the control panel from left to right, there are the following controls, red 12v switch (12v operation only available when engine is running), green 240V mains switch (EHU required for operation), thermostat for 240V mains operation, gas valve, gas thermostat, and gas ignition device either switch (electronic ignition), or push button for piezo ignition.

For 240V operation you will need to have the vehicle connected to the mains supply, then switch "ON" the green switch. Adjust temperature with adjacent thermostat dial.

Gas operation, which I suspect is your problem, is more involved. The fridge pilot burner takes only a small amount of gas, so after fitting a new bottle of gas, or after a long period when the gas mode has not been used, it helps if you partially fill the pipework by lighting a hob burner first. Particularly with piezo ignition patience is still needed. Turn the gas valve to the gas flame symbol and hold. Then either operate the ignitor switch to "ON" (you should be able to hear the spark, a clicking noise), or repeatedly press the button until a flame can be seen through the sight glass inside the fridge.( It may take some time on first lighting as ther will still be air in the pipework.) Once you have a flame keep holding the gas valve for at least a further 10 seconds, before releasing. I should mention that the gas may also need turning "ON" at a gas manifold valve, before attempting to start the fridge on gas.

There is no thermostatic control of 12V operation.

May reinforce the suggestion that you download a manual via the link provided above.

Alan

Respectfully suggest fourth paragraph, fourth line should read ‘turn, PUSH and hold ?

Thanks Blaven,

I think that your suggestion is correct. I had forgotten that bit, in the years since I last started that model of fridge. The main requirement is for patience while waiting for the gas to reach the burner. I can clearly remember the frustration.

Alan

Archived