ih tio flip down sink

Daibach

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, David.

The 1st and 2nd images attached below are of the flip-down washbasin that I believe a 2005 Tio will have and it’s evident from these photos that the washbasin is designed specifically to fit on to and (when flipped up) into the plastic wall behind it.

I assume you’ve contacted IH Motorhomes and they can’t help you, but you might try contacting Moto-Trek as their advert for their small “Trek-Away” caravan

https://www.moto-trek.co.uk/products/trek-away#prettyPhoto

includes a photo of the washroom and the washbasin/wall (3rd image below) looks just like the Tio basin/wall.

Otherwise - if your Tio’s washbasin is not too badly damaged - there’s a fair bit of online discussion about repairing plastic basins.

https://tinyurl.com/54xs5f2k

371292723_washbasindown.jpg.89c2cc8c81d13d4dfd8b87ff3e3641bb.jpg

789563491_wasbasinup.jpg.85c5caf85d53d51f1a8cc5b8d61506ac.jpg

Trek-away.jpg.1d2a4fd0447a0ecd441faeaa793ae76d.jpg

I can confirm that the first and second photos posted above by Derek, exactly match that fitted to my 2006 IH Tio R.

I had a problem some years ago, when the internal drain pipe became detached from the waste outlet fitting.

If David can be more specific as to the nature of the problem, then more advice may be forthcoming.

Alan

We had a similar issue with an Autosleeper many years ago, similar bowl, similar operation, young son had swung on the bowl and broken the swivel pin one side. (His Dad was not amused!).

The bowl was designed to unclip, for cleaning purposes I presume, just lever the sides GENTLY apart and out, or in, it popped!

It was not difficult to rebuild the broken hinge pin with light weight aluminiun and pop rivets and glue it back together and as the break did not encroach on the visible area it did not show.

I suppose I could have bought a new bowl from A/S but that would have been too easy - and expensive!

Archived