info wanted on kathrein sattelite receivers

Vixter

Hi Is anyone able to give me info on setting up the above dish, its auto matic but has ben dismantled electrically and we have a bundle of wires a control box and an Amstrad satelite decoder and more wires. I shall be at Lincoln show so please look out for a dish doing nothing!!! regards Vixter

For information on the Kathrein Automatic System go to the following web address for the fitting instructions in english.These can be downloaded. There is a lot of useful information on this site. I assume that you have models CAP210 or CAP310. http://www.kathrein.de/de/sat/produkte/doc/9362603A.pdf If this is not suitable trawl the Kathrein web site at http://www.kathrein.de and select english version. If this does not help you could try Roadpro who advertise in MMM. Will look for an antenna lying flat at the show.

Thanks for the info so far. The unit is a HDP 160 which I think has been superceded. It may therefore not be working due to age expiry! but it would be a shame to dump it if, it only needs some TLC and some one who knows a bit about Sat dishes Rgds Vixter

:-D Hi Vixter. It will most certainly be an Alalogue system with a Universal (digital capable) LNB fitted (like mine). It has been superceded and can be updated to an all singing all dancing Digital system for around £700. I have had mine for over 5 years. You CAN find Analogue on 19.2E easily which also has Dgital. Sky at Astra2 is a little more diffucult to find, but not impossible. ;-)

Hi JohnSandy White, you obviously know far more than me on SDs. All I know is they point in the sky and pictures appear! We dont have a dish at home only a dish washer which I believe is different! If I have a SD do I have to subscribe on a monthly basis to get programmes if so how much? What is the benefit of a Sat over terrestrial TV - we use our pc for that as it takes up less space than a tv and is more versatile. Could we use the sat signal on our pc? If you are going to the Lincoln Show erhaps we could meet and I can ask more questions with out showing my total ignorance to all of the Forum readers !!!!! Look out for a big old Clou liner from Thursdy evening onwards Rgds Vixter

:-D Hi Vixter. I don't go to shows except when I first started with RV's and was looking for specific items. Nowadays it's much easier and usually cheaper on the internet. However. I digress. With the Satellite Dish you have. You can most probably receive Analogue and Digital signals. I don't know which Amstrad Receiver you have? Is it Analogue or Digital (Sky). If it is Analogue? Throw it away and buy a cheap Analogue/Digital receiver from ebay. From around £25 to £60. I have several receivers that I have bought over the years for various reasons. 1. Echostar AD2000IP - Analogue/Digital/Positioner - which I can use to watch Eusosport in English on Analogue from Astra 1 at 19.2 degrees East. they also have Digital on Astra 1 with all the German, some French etc and CNN. I can also use it to watch the FREE Sky channels on Astra 2 at 28.2 degrees East. BBC channels etc. 2. Strong SRT 4375 Analogue/Digital/Positioner - Same as above. 3. Amstrad Sky satellite Reciever - All the FREE Sky channels except channels from 4 and 5 which my card is now out of date. It cost £20/25 for a new card for the Sky receiver if you buy one without or have one without. 4. A Dutch Digital Satellite Receiver which works on Astra 1 at 19.2 degrees Easr and has 10 Dutch channels that have around 60% English speaking programs. If your PC has a TV signal in? Then it can also be used for the Satellite Signal too from the receiver. Been there and done that too. (lol) (lol) You don't have to subscribe to any of the above that I have mentioned. The BIG advantage of Satellite over terrestrial? You can watch Satellite just about anywhere within the signal area. Terrestrail can be difficult in certain areas and you certainly can't watch UK program on terrestrial over in Europe. (lol) (lol) (lol)

Archived