injectors again?

charleydog

after two sets of injectors, and then a replaced No4 injector my not so trusty transit Chausson is once again in the local ford agent awaiting the answer to the ongoing problem of going into limp mode and the service required sign on the dash appearing every two miles. In fact, every time it goes in to be fixed it comes out worse.I am sure that when the mechanics? attach the code reader,it says 2+2 makes 6 and they believe it because it says so, How can they get it wrong so many times. So when i get it back I will take it straight out for a 30-mile drive, and will not be a nice man if still the same. Shame, because in all other aspects it's a nice camper :-(

As the motorhome is a 2017 model, I assume all the ‘injector’ work has been carried out under the Ford warranty, and that any future under-warranty repairs relating to this issue will also need to be done by a Ford main agent. So switching to a different garage may not be straightforward...

As your Transit has been problematical (and continues to be so) it’s more than likely that your local Ford agency would be glad if you took it elsewhere. However, you might find that - when the vehicle’s history became evident - another Ford agency would not be overly enthusiastic to take it on.

Under-warranty work is often less profitable for a garage than non-warranty repairs and, because the vehicle is usually quite new, the owner will (rightly) be unhappy when things go wrong and even more unhappy when a fault proves difficult to fix.

Giving the motorhome an extended test-drive immediately after you have been told that it has been fixed is the right thing to do, and I’d want a full (and credible) explanation as to why the vehicle was going into limp-mode and what has been done to cure the problem. Hopefully the fault won’t recur.

Just been to see the ford agent for an update, spoke to the workshop manager who assured me that the camper is being dealt with as quickly as possible due to lack of space, and yes, it's another set of injectors. He did admit that there is an issue with these as ford have been using injectors from different manufactures but think that when fitted all will be well. The good test drive will decide FOR HIS SAKE!

Archived