insurance camper/comercial

Guest graham

Guest graham
I have a van for my buisness which I only use 30/40 days per year. I also usually have a camper van which I also use a similar number of days per year.Due to the high cost of this situation I would like to use one van for both purposes ie convert a van to a camper with removable bunks at the back for load space for work.The problem is that I cant find any insurance company that will evan consider this.Dose anyone have any suggestions please.

Guest David Powell
Unless this is Impracticable, and as you only use transport for your business 30/40 days per year, how about using a trailer, and towing it with your motor home [or car]. One can get a trailer in the form required for what ever business you have. We had a 8 X 6 full head room lockable double doors at the back, try that out on your insurance company.

Guest graham
Thanks for your suggestion, might consider as last resort. unfortunately I need to look profesional and a converted van with magnetic sighns over the windows would be more suitable.How do horse boxes and demountables get insured? surely this is the same thing.

Guest Derek Uzzell
Have you tried Adrian Flux (www.adrianflux.co.uk)? They offer insurance for all sorts of odd stuff.

Archived