internet access using PDA or laptop away from home

Guest Chris Norbury

Guest Chris Norbury
Can anyone help me with this. I want to be able to send and receive e-mail in UK or Europe. I have a Dell Axim 5 and a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop.

Guest PeteC
hi Chris I have just got a Vodaphone mobile connect card on pay as you go It conects via GRPS In Europe and everal other countries You need an internet based email such as you would use on Broadband Cost The module costs £200 FROM vpHONE £95 FROM COMPUTER SHOPS £40 from internet sites Then an amount from £5 to £20 per 5Mb depending on where you are connecting cost is based on the AMOUNT of data sent & rec'd I just wish to send & receive emails not to surf the net Also have a wireless card that I use at home I will take that with use when we go over to Holland shortly - Many sites there have a WiFi connection, so will be able to choose the cheapest Wi Fi is also available at airports now will let you know how it goes when we return

Guest Norma
We tried using GPRS via the computer. It was very slow and too expensive. Gave up - internet cafes have proved much more sucessful for around 1 Euro a time. But then we do seem to receive loads of spam that has to be uploaded too!

Archived