long weekend in France Nov 05

Guest carol hodgson

Guest carol hodgson
Well it's been a whole month now since our purchase of our motor home, and it's been used for 3 weekends already! I have booked a return ferry with Norfolk lines - Dover to Dunkerque in November and wondered if anyone out there knows of any sites within 80k where we could stay? Would like to go down to Le Touquet and maybe over to Brugge. As we are still very new to this mode of travelling (used to be a tin tugger:)) I might like to stay on a 'Camping car Aire' but am a little (and only a little) aprehensive! Have found site a to the east of Boulogne, Pernes les Boulogne which is open all year. All suggestions appreciated. many thanks carol

Dear Carol you might find base nautica costing e5 per night this is in le Touquet and a ten minute walk to town it's on literally the northern end of Le Touquet, over looking the estuary if full high season you can stay over night at the Airport both have been safe locations for us. Near Dunkerque we have stayed at Coudekerque le Bois des Forts its a permanent site . Open all year round If you are intending to travel france you need to get a guide to camping caravanning france by Michelin for sites from a book shop & the Aires De Services Camping Cars Guide in a presse in France most valuable books Happy Camping

Guest Lynn Marston
Hi Carol, We are still caravanners yet to take the motorhome plunge - but can certainly let you know about the site at Pernes - well, really, look no further. We stay there every year on returning from our main holiday further south. It is really great, run by a lovely couple called Gabi & Mimi and is full of character. The campsite is part of their (rather decrepit but beautiful)500 year old house and is mainly grassy areas/fields where I imagine the gardens once would have been, and is freely run by extremely tame chickens! There is also a bit of hard standing if you need it. It helps price-wise if you are members of one of the caravan or camping clubs. The only quirky thing is that he charges for the shower - and on paying the bill expects you to be honest about the number of showers you have had!!! The other excellent thing is that it is totally in the country - yet 5-10 minutes away from the huge Auchan complex for all the shopping. Location of the site is through the village of Pernes, then maybe 1/2 mile more or less on the left. There are a lot of trees so be careful you don't overshoot the gates!

Hi Carol I know this may be a little bit further then 80k but just spent an excellent weekend on the way home at Le Treport. We stayed in the Aires there which costs 6 euros night including electricity, Le Treport is a beautiful fishing village with plenty to do for all the family. Its about 1.5 hours from Calais. Phil

Guest pete walker
hi carol, you mentioned brugge, follow the motorhome parking signs from the railway station, and you can stay for 36 hours for free. nowhere to empty toilet though. so arrive with it as empty as possible. i have heard that there is a tap for fresh water now. pete

LeTouquet is 5 euros only at the weekend, off season. And a great beach as well as a non Blackpool like seaside town. Our first and last port of call on every visit.

Archived