low mpg

peter davies

peter davies - 2019-08-14 3:36 PM

Hi I have a 2007 2.3 Ducato

I have replaced the egr valve/throttle valve/and turbo over the last year and now only get 23mpg any help please

Peter davies

What mpg did you use to achieve?

Also, any fault codes showing?

When did you last change the air filter ?

My first van (a CI Carioca with the 2 litre JTD engine) was 3-4 mpg better after a change of air filter. The van came with service receipts saying the filter had been changed around 700 miles before I bought it & it looked reasonably clean when I changed it. But the van had also been stood outside for several months & I think it had deteriorated. It was certainly more sprightly ( a 2 litre JTD could never be accused of being quick !) after the change, as well as noticably more economical. I used a Mann filter from Andrew Page.

After the bits you have fitted, this would be relatively cheap !

Nigel B

Hi Peter

I have a Fiat Ducato 2.8 td 57 reg this is the previous model to yours but because of the faults with the Fiats ( your Model ) at that time I decided on the vehicle I have now but it was new.

For a long time I thought my vehicle seemed under powered and I could never tell if the Turbo was working but I was having trouble with odd faults on the EGR valve .

I think I have solved my problem, I put a tin of FORTE in the fuel tank and gave it a good run. The EGR valve fault was cured and I can feel the surge of the Turbo now, I then filled the tank with SHELL super Diesl and I now have improved the consumption by a couple of mpg to 28 I was only getting 25

It is worth a try and a cheap test

Terry

Archived