lpg tank

Guest terry

Guest terry
HI, I AM THINKING OF GETTING A LPG TANK FITTED TO OUR AUTOCRUISE STARGAZER,COULD ANYONE RECOMMEND A REPUTABLE INSTALLER,PREFERABLY IN THE CUMBRIA AREA.? ANY ADVICE FROM ANYONE WHO HAS HAD ONE FITTED ESPECIALLY TO THE 2004 STARGAZER, WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.THANK YOU TERRY.

Guest clive
Go to south Wales for a week end. Richard Cecil at MTH Autogas. www.mthautogas.co.uk The fit as well as supply. See March MMM

Guest Derek Uzzell
If you go to South Wales you'll be in trouble as MTH Gas Systems (the company's new name) are based at Parkend in Gloucestershire.

Guest david lloyd
Hi Terry Have a chat to Steve Wise at Autogas in Thirsk (N. Yorks) on 01845 523 213 - he fits all sorts of lpg systems to all sorts of motor vehicles - I spoke to him recently regarding their refillable bottles and he certainlt is knowledgeable and helpful. There's also a website - www.autogas.co.uk I think or do a search on Google Regards, david

Guest Brian Gautier
Why not consider refillable bottles rather than a tank. You can then take your investment with you if you change vans in the future. I had mine done by TB Turbo at Lancaster. Fitting a proper fill point means that the bottles stay in place and there is no lugging heavy bottles around. Also no health and safety issues when filling at Autogas distributors.

Guest Clive
OK OK so navigation is not my strongest point, but I am sure we went into Whales somewhere on route when we visited. Lots of choices. At this time only installed tanks offer a genuine fuel gague. Plus you have a gas locker freed up for other duties.

Guest Derek Uzzell
In fact 'traditional' steel refillable gas-bottles normally do have an accurate mechanical level-gauge. (ref my early Feb posting "LPG re-fillable bottles")

Guest Don Madge
Hello all, Greetings from Oludeniz, Turkey. At 1300 hrs the temp is 21C. I have a 13 kg refillable bottle from MTH. It has an external filler point and the gauge is extremely accurate. I've had it for almost three years and it's one of the best moves we have made. As already stated the bottle can be removed as and when. Regards Don

Guest terry
hi one of the reasons i want a lpg tank is to free up the space in my gas locker thank you for your replies so far. terry

Guest Clive
Mel B. If I fitted a satnav my human co-pilot would get the hump and leave me to it. So far the human "street pilot" as always got me there so am I going to stick my neck out? I wish I had the confidence of Don though, where is he now? Bird Flu and Bandid country! But both Don and I got gas solutions to suit our individual needs from the same place. You pays your money and .......Good luck

Archived