meung sur loire

Guest henry

Guest henry
does anyone know the phone number of the Jean d'arc campsite please, the wrong listing in the 2004 book and my new one is miles away! regards and thanks for all your help henry

Guest henry
that is the one that is wrong!! or am i a thickie?! no comment on that one please but i can't get a dial tone regards henty

Guest Derek Uzzell
I've looked at a few tourist websites (French & German) and all show the same data as Trigrem provided (Tel: +33 2 38 44 44 98 Fax: +33 2 38 45 30 88) for the sole campsite at Meung-sur-Loire. Rather oddly, the name of the campsite seems to vary and I didn't come across the "Jeanne d'Arc" one. Are you sure you are dialling the number correctly?

Guest henry
definitely the number given all over and correctly dialed. i even tried the caravan club (because i got a bit pedantic and wouldn't give in!) and they gave me the same number with the same effect, would someone out there please prove me a proper thickie as my little old heart is set on this site! I have no idea why! just cos! regards henry

Have checked our old 1997 guide which gives the same phone number. Suggest contacting the local tourist office in Beaugency to see if they can help.

Guest Derek Uzzell
I dialled the number via my mobile and got a "Number not in use" response. Perhaps the site's closed. Recently I read an editorial comment in a French leisure magazine saying that many of their municipal campsites were being shut down (or being transferred to private ownership) because of the cost of running them at the low prices campers have come to expect. As Ray suggests, the tourist office should know the answer.

Guest henry
d'uh! never thought of that one! will let you know how we progress, oh what price is a novice camper! regards henry

Archived