milenco wheel lock

Raider2021

I'm interested to know if anyone had the same issue that I had with my Milenco Wheel lock, the type with three arms that 'lock' around the wheel???

I inadvertently reversed without removing the wheel lock!! Stupid some might say.

I was astounded to see that the wheel lock simply rotated off the wheel, leaving me or a thief to drive away.

Presumably the Milenco wheelclamp is the product shown in this operating instructions leaflet.

https://www.milenco.com/downloads/Original-Wheelclamp_Fitting-instructions.pdf

It does appear from the photos that - if there were any ‘looseness’ between the three arms and the tyre - if the wheel turned, the wheel could well rotate out of the clamp.

(Something to beware of in future, though I’d be thanking my lucky stars that the clamp did come off the wheel rather than rotate with it and cause damage,)

Its an M15 wheel clamp product code 1946.Yes I contacted them to alert them of the problem,

they told me to check for damage, which luckily there wasn't any. Then they asked me to return it at my expense, I pointed out that as there was no fault with the contraption or it's fitting if they wanted to investigate they should arrange a courier to collect it.

If this is a reproducible defect then as well as the fitness for purpose of the product, it also raises some questions, given that it as advertised as "far exceed(ing) Sold Secure Gold and is approved to the accredited Caravan Security Standard SCM MP03", exactly how the product was tested and by what organisations.

I would have thought any test of its fitness for purpose would involve, having fixed the lock on the vehicle, first testing what happens if someone attempts to drive off, either forward or backward, with it attached, before bothering with the routine crowbar and angle grinder approaches.

Archived